Translate

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Graduation

I've had so much positive feedback from the painting I did of my mother last year that I've been anxious to try it again. I decided to try it with the photo on a graduation announcement that I received in the mail from one my friends of her son.

Here is the end result:

"Happy Graduation" 12"x12" acrylic on canvas
The original graduation invitation:


Overall, I liked it enough to give it to him as a graduation present, but I don't think I "captured it" in the same way that happened with my mom's painting.  One of my favorite watercolor artists, Janet Zeh, said once that she was told early in her career that in order to be a successful watercolor artist you have to paint 1,000 pictures. At the time that was too overwhelming of an idea.  Then she heard someone say you only had to paint 100.  That seemed much more doable.  After years of practice, she later learned that the first guy was right, but having the smaller goal helped her stay motivated and have something realistic to work toward.

I like it.

Maybe I'll make that my goal too.

Two down, 98 to go :).

No comments:

Post a Comment