Translate

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Chicken Pot Pie

This is in the home of a friend of mine whose kitchen had a farm and country theme with lots of chicken décor.

  
Pretty much everything in the painting including the rooster, the weathervane, the triangle dinner bell, the pot, the pie, and the chickens, was requested by her to match a piece of her existing décor.  She wanted to feel like she was looking out the window onto a chicken farm while she was working in the kitchen.

I was really happy with the way the fence turned out and love the detail of the blades of grass around the posts.

Cute baby chicks.

Daddy Rooster.
Every farm needs a weathervane

Dinner Time!

I don't love the way the pie turned out, but I like that you can see the steam rising from it as it cools in the window.  I wonder if that chicken is going to take the first bite :).

Here are some of the objects in the kitchen that the mural was based on:




Final before and after pictures

Before

After 
There was a window on the wall on the left and you can see light coming from it that I think should have resulted in a small shadow cast by the ledge. I didn't do the texture finish on the original wall however and I wasn't confident that I'd be able to restore the wall if the shadow didn't look realistic. I opted to not attempt it and just leave the painting as is without the shadow, but I kind of regret it.  If I could go back, I'd put it in as well as redo the pie completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment