Translate

Friday, July 12, 2013

Old Faithful Photoshop


Last week I went to Yellowstone with my best friend and my nephew.  It was an awesome trip!  Here is one of my favorite moments...


Well, okay, maybe it wasn't a real moment, but this one was:

Kristin was taking this picture, so she wasn't in it
And so was this one:

We took this picture before we found the other sign that wasn't in front of a bunch of a trees.
Thanks to the magic of Photoshop I was able to combine these two photos to create an image where all three of us are standing in front of "Old Faithful" as it is erupting, even though we never actually posed for that picture.

This image, after I merged the two photos together, shows several places where some people appear in the photo more than once.  I had to copy some existing spectators and strategically place them in areas that would help cover up unwanted pieces of the original picture that were still visible after the merge (like my head).  Notice the couple in the green circles got flipped into a mirror image.
 The next step is to delete the guy out of the picture.
 

In this set, the bottom image is a close up the results after removing the man in the black shirt.  In the above picture, you can see where his head is blocking a row of spectators.  In order to remove it from the final picture I had to copy the group of people that you can see in the upper left hand corner of the top image, flip them, and paste them over the head in the upper right hand corner of the bottom image.
Once I was done I decided to crop the image more than I had originally planned, so I could have gotten away without doing some of the people moving work that I did at first, but oh well.  The end result is an awesome group shot.
 
Greetings from all of us in Yellowstone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment