Translate

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Delicate Arch

For my birthday this year my niece gave me some canvases and art supplies so I decided that I would use them to make her a present for her birthday. I must admit that there are a lot of things I don't like about the way this turned out, but some of the issues with the picture below I'm going to blame on my camera.  I feel like the real piece isn't quite so red and the sky is a much prettier blue and not so grey.

I chose this particular subject for the painting because a few years ago we went on a super fun arches camping trip together and went to delicate arch for the first time.  Hopefully what this lacks in correctness will be made up for with the great memories it triggers.

"Places We've Been: Delicate Arch"
16" x 20" acrylic on canvas
Happy 22 Birthday Catherine!!!!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment