Translate

Friday, January 15, 2016

Leah's 3rd Birthday Blankets

As I mentioned in my last post I'm making blankets for all of the nieces and nephews this year.  The first birthday is today.  Miss Leah Jane is turning 3!  I made a blanket for her when she was born, so I wanted to make her something else instead. I was thinking of making some clothes for her dolls who are always naked. She is so adorable playing with her babies and loves them so much!  But, when I asked her what kind of clothes she wanted she insisted they not have clothes.  She said she wanted a "Rainbow from the Sky Blanket."  I don't know exactly what she meant by that, but this is what I ended up with.

"Rainbow from the Sky Blanket"
16.5" x 10"
Since the "Rainbow from the Sky Blanket" was so tiny, I decided I would make a bunch of blankets that she could wrap up her naked babies with.

This next one matches the one I made for her when she was born so she and her baby can match.

Replica's of Leah's Baby Blanket 22" x 14"
Inside size 12" x 20", 36 dc per row, 34 rows
Her favorite color is pink so for the rest I just made some different things using mostly pink.

Baby Blanket 16" x 11"
Inside size 12" x 8", 25 dc per row, 21 rows
Baby Blanket 20.5" x 10"
Inside size 15" x 10"
Pink Granny Squares Baby Blanket 18" x 12.25"
Inside size 10.5" x 21"
Leah opening her birthday blankets.  I LOVE that smile!
Someone else had the same idea I did and quilted some baby blankets for Leah's Birthday.  These babies are laying on top of the quilts and you can see some of the others on the right of the picture.  All the babies will be very comfy!  I love that she used the box my blankets came in as beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment